This is very annoying, and it only recently started happening, and I'm not sure why. Everytime I go to open a new link by right clicking it, and pressing "open in new window", the window that opens, opens the webpage, but the window size takes up the top 4th of my screen, so I have to resize it everytime I want to see the whole webpage. How do I change the size that it opens as?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

This is very annoying, and it only recently started happening, and I'm not sure why. Everytime I go to open a new link by right clicking it, and pressing "open in new window", the window that opens, opens the webpage, but the window size takes up the top 4th of my screen, so I have to resize it everytime I want to see the whole webpage. How do I change the size that it opens as?

If you find out how to correct it please let me know.
bobslone@aol.com

I'll assume that you are using Internet Explorer. If that is the case, you can fix that by doing the following:

• Close all browser windows but one.
  • Open a new window from a link on the remaining window.
  • Close the old window (not the new one that just opened up).
  • Adjust the window to be the size you want all the new windows to be (you cannot use the maximize button for this, you have to actually change the size of the window to be what you want the windows to automatically open up as).
  • Hold down the Ctrl key while closing the window.

From now on, all your new windows should open up to that size until perform a similar process telling IE that you want all new windows to be the new size.

Most likely what occured is that you manually sized a window to that size, closed it, and IE remembered that as your preferred window size.

Thank you so much for your solution. I knew how to resize the window but I did not know how to save the prefered window size. Thanks, again!

I'll assume that you are using Internet Explorer. If that is the case, you can fix that by doing the following:

• Close all browser windows but one.
  • Open a new window from a link on the remaining window.
  • Close the old window (not the new one that just opened up).
  • Adjust the window to be the size you want all the new windows to be (you cannot use the maximize button for this, you have to actually change the size of the window to be what you want the windows to automatically open up as).
  • Hold down the Ctrl key while closing the window.

From now on, all your new windows should open up to that size until perform a similar process telling IE that you want all new windows to be the new size.

Most likely what occured is that you manually sized a window to that size, closed it, and IE remembered that as your preferred window size.

I work in wordperfect 5.1. I need to use it in a window, not full screen. I did something to make the window really small, and I don't know what I did, and the print is really small and hard to read. I would like to know how do I make the window larger in wordperfect 5.1, so that the print will be larger.

The previous threads only change the size of a reopened window. They do not change the DEFAULT which means the size of a NEW WINDOW opened for the first time. To do that you must go to the Registry and edit the setting for the size of a new window.

Example: 1.Create a new folder 2.Open that folder 3.What size window did it open as? Delete that folder so as not to be confused by the "remembered" window size the second time you open the now "old" folder window.

After changing the Default Window size Repeat the previous example. If the NEW folder window opens with a different size window come back and tell all of us how you did it!

Definition:
Default size: the size of a newly opened (first time) window
Remembered size: the size of a window that has been previously closed.

Get it? Default = New (first time opened), Remembered = not new (not first time opened)!

Has anyone found the location of this setting?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.