i recently installed the new IE. ever since then, my browser freezes alot and i have to close the window because i get a "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." message.

how do i fix this problem?

thanks in advance

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Looks like IE7 doesn't like your PC. It does this for a few others around here, the easiest may around the problem that I've found is to go to Add/Remove Programs, tick the checkbox for Show Updates, and remove Internet Explorer 7. After a reboot, you'll be back to IE 6.
You could also try installing another browser.

Looks like IE7 doesn't like your PC. It does this for a few others around here, the easiest may around the problem that I've found is to go to Add/Remove Programs, tick the checkbox for Show Updates, and remove Internet Explorer 7. After a reboot, you'll be back to IE 6.
You could also try installing another browser.

but there's nothing i can do to keep IE7? i like the features but just the freezing part is annoying

Well, if IE7 keeps freezing on your PC you aren't really getting the benefit of the features, are you?
Check out FF2.0, it has a better track record than IE, tabs, and is much for customisable.

Well, if IE7 keeps freezing on your PC you aren't really getting the benefit of the features, are you?
Check out FF2.0, it has a better track record than IE, tabs, and is much for customisable.

yeah true but i just want to know why it always gives me errors now when i close the browser. IE 6 never did that...there has to be someway to fix it

IE 6 never did that...

Maybe not, but unfortunately that has little (if any) bearing on how IE7 might behave.

there has to be someway to fix it

Not necessarilly, but this might yield us some helpful clues:

Open the Event Viewer utility in your Administrative Tools control panel and look through your System and Application logs for entries flagged with "Error" or "Warning", especially those whose time-stamps coincide with the occurence of the problem(s). Double-clicking on such an entry will open a properties window with more detailed information on the error; post the details from a representative sample of some of the different error messages (please don't post duplicates of a given entry, or flood us with the entire contents of the logs).

To post the details:
In the Properties window of a given entry, click on the button with the graphic of two pieces of paper on it; the button is at the right of the window just below the up arrow/down arrow buttons. You won't see anything happen when you click the button, but it will copy all of the details to the Windows clipboard. You can then paste the details into your next post here.

IE7 is for PCs taht were made very recently and have high-performing hardware. IF it isn;t commpatible with your PC, try IE6. If that doesn't work, IE5 is almost guarenteed to work. To get IE6, go to www.microsoft.com.

Good luck,
pageof@cox.net

hi im just new as a Tech support rep and I want to know if here is someone that could help me how to check if there is a problem or any issue in central ofice in california

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.