I have reinstalled serveral times for diffrent reasons, one of them being that javascript links all the sudden stopped working with no change in computer settings or software. Sence then, they have never worked, even after numerous reformats. I have the latest Firefox and IE, and the latest Java Enironment, no popup blockers, all java options enabled in both browsers. No viruses or adware or spyware what so ever. I am even DMZ host [which doesn't really matter..but you never know]

And i cannot download from any site that uses 'javascript:void' links [thats what it says in the status bar on the bottom of the browsers when ever i mouseover/click a link which uses javascript.] When i click them, nothing happens, not even a loading mouse..its as if i didn't click at all. Open in new tab/window gives me an empty white page [untitled].

I'm useign Windows XP Home Service Pack 1 [i cannot download anything from microsoft, as i have 100% chance to get 'page cannot be displayed error' with every single browser when i click the grey download now button. [even tried with a mac emulator]

As an example of the kinds of links i'm trying to open, here is one for you. http://www.fileplanet.com/hosteddl.aspx?/rpgplanet/morrowind/deadite1.4b.rar

The red Download buttons in the free public server list for instance, they are javascript, and simply do nothing at all when clicked. [yes i have an account there and all that other fileplanet related blahblahblah]

I don't know what the problem is, and it is very piss-off-able.

Also, i just downloaded and installed Virtual Machine, and rebooted, it changed nothing.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

What did you expect? They're void! :D

Firefox defaults to Java Disabled when it is installed.

I have reinstalled serveral times for diffrent reasons, one of them being that javascript links all the sudden stopped working with no change in computer settings or software. Sence then, they have never worked, even after numerous reformats. I have the latest Firefox and IE, and the latest Java Enironment, no popup blockers, all java options enabled in both browsers. No viruses or adware or spyware what so ever. I am even DMZ host [which doesn't really matter..but you never know]

And i cannot download from any site that uses 'javascript:void' links [thats what it says in the status bar on the bottom of the browsers when ever i mouseover/click a link which uses javascript.] When i click them, nothing happens, not even a loading mouse..its as if i didn't click at all. Open in new tab/window gives me an empty white page [untitled].

I'm useign Windows XP Home Service Pack 1 [i cannot download anything from microsoft, as i have 100% chance to get 'page cannot be displayed error' with every single browser when i click the grey download now button. [even tried with a mac emulator]

As an example of the kinds of links i'm trying to open, here is one for you. http://www.fileplanet.com/hosteddl.aspx?/rpgplanet/morrowind/deadite1.4b.rar

The red Download buttons in the free public server list for instance, they are javascript, and simply do nothing at all when clicked. [yes i have an account there and all that other fileplanet related blahblahblah]

I don't know what the problem is, and it is very piss-off-able.

Also, i just downloaded and installed Virtual Machine, and rebooted, it changed nothing.

Did you ever get this fixed? Because I am having the same issue with a user where I work.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.