Krispy84 0 Newbie Poster

Im an administrator for a company and our vp's decided that they want laptop's!!!

We have setup offline files for their profile folder because we have roaming profiles in an AD environment and to make an ease of life this is stored on a server \\server\profiles\joe.joe. now when they login it's replicated to the local machine c:/Documents and Settings/Joe.Joe/

So application data is actually redirected to \\server\profiles\joe.joe\application data\ as part of the GPO login script

hopefully that's enough fillin... now for the problem
Our users as long as they're connected to our domain can do everything normally, go to hotmail.com uninstall adobe and the likes.

Now if they are hooked up to an external wireless connection, they cannot view any site's requiring an SSL. I tried uninstalling adobe b/c it was broken on one of their computers while not being hooked up and adobe failed to uninstall b/c it couldn't get to \\server\joe.joe\application data\adobe. This allowed me to have the epiphany that all SSL certificates are stored in the application data folder too. We have 10 people with laptops and 500 employee's total. I know i can change the login script so it's on the local machine but then every time someone logs into a new computer they need all the programs configured again, and doing that a potential 490! (1.36787 e+1107) times doesn't sound like a whole lot of fun to me. So i'd like to be able to keep my login script.

So to boil it all down, does anyone have any ideas how i can keep my application data storage redirected to \\server\joe.joe\application data\ but... have the usage look at c:\Documents and Settings\Joe.Joe\Application data so that i can just rely on the replication between the two to keep things running smoothly for everyone without breaking anything?

I know i can install mozilla on their PC's but that brings in a whole different wave of issues, b/c they're all older people that just plain don't like change. Except if it's a brand new toy appearentally. Sigh

Thanks for reading the long post, ty for any ideas