Can anybody guide me how can I recover some of my deleted files. I have also emptied it from my Recycle Bin. Otherwise I could have restore it from the recycle bin.
Please give me a cost effective solution and easy way to recover the files as I am not much technically sound.
Thanks in Advance for all your help.

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

Member Avatar for Dukane

If you do a Google search for "free file recovery software" you will be able to find some free software offerings which do just that. I had to recover some files from a hard disk and was able to find a tool for free by doing just that.

Unfortunately, it was a while ago and I don't remember the name of the package I used.

And get on it...the longer you wait the less likely it will possible to recover your lost data!

On a side note, please find the correct forum to post in next time. This forum is about computer science, not help with your computer related problems. A moderator will probably move it to the correct forum.

Member Avatar for kiamzattu

Hi
Visit This site www.tune-up.com and download tune-up utilities 2007. It has a feature called tune-up undelete to recover ur deleted files. It also has an advanced registry cleaner, memory optimizer and more such thing, All integrated into one...

Regards
Anand

chloe1023, you can recover your lost files without installing any file recover softwares. you may restore your pc an earlier time using the system restore utility of windows xp. First back up your files to the logical partition or drive D if you have a 2 partitions in your hard disk. Then use the system restore utility in the accesories in the start menu then restore your data an earlier time probably the date before your have deleted your data

Member Avatar for xander85

chloe1023, you can recover your lost files without installing any file recover softwares. you may restore your pc an earlier time using the system restore utility of windows xp. First back up your files to the logical partition or drive D if you have a 2 partitions in your hard disk. Then use the system restore utility in the accesories in the start menu then restore your data an earlier time probably the date before your have deleted your data

I second that! I have an automatic backup on my computer, every 2 weeks... I don't like to add unnecessary software... :)

Automatic backup is great, but sometimes people turn it off...

I can give you an url where you can go to choose a recovery software: http://recovery-review.com
This site reviews recovery related software. There are a lot of reviews there, etc.

For just a simple "undelete" recovery you can try freeware FreeUndelete 2.0.0635: http://recovery-review.com/undelete-tools/freeundelete-2-0-0635.html

or if you want more power at your fingertips, you could try payware, for example The Undelete Data Recovery Software 5.12: http://recovery-review.com/undelete-tools/the-undelete-data-recovery-software-5-12.html

If you don't want to download anything, take it to your nearest tech centre and let them restore them, although you will be charged for it.

I thought System Restore didn't affect your documents?

System Restore effects the entire system and changes it back to what was on the HDD back to the time you changed it back to.
I use Norton GoBack and it has a system which keeps documents back so that you can decide to restore them onto the past time or delete them.

System restore only changes your registry settings i believe,it cant possibly change FILES back (That would require an UNBELIEVABLE amount of memory)

It would have deleted a downloaded file if i dodn't choose to save it after the restore, this is through Norton GoBack, so it a different way compared to the standard system restore that Windows provides.

Ah.........

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.