Hello everyone,
I have a problem. My internet connection is operating fine, yet my internet explorer and firefox both won't display webpages. Whenever I click on either of them they proceed to attempt to load a page but never end up loading them. On some sites I get a "Page cannot be displayed" message. I have tried repairing the connection but windows says it is working fine. I am running Vista if that has anything to do with it. I have also tried restarting my modem and reebooting my PC but neither attempts have worked. I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Im having the exact same problem so i gues who ever can figure it out first can tell the other. My computer is xp so i dont think it has to with vista.

I have seen this prob in my shop before, check and see if you have a static IP add, if you are using static make sure its correct also check gateway and dns, if you are using DHCP make sure ip and dns is set to auto. I have seen cases where one of my customers is using DHCP but for odd reason it auto. put in a static ip. you may also want to try running winsoc fix you can get it here http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4372.html
this should work with vista and xp. hope this helps

Hi, I meet the similar problem since I installed Mozilla Firefox, sometimes my Mozilla Firefox doesn't display web pages. Hope the way offered by Rebel_245 works.

Hello, after having this problem , i was able to resolve it. It might be the same case for you. Here is how to check: If you have (had) norton antivirus, and specifically if you uninstalled it, it is for sure what is causing IE and Firefox to not work. Follow these steps if you uninstalled norton:

1- Download and Run norton removal tool : http://service1.symantec.com/Support/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039
2- restart your computer.
3- check if the browsers do
4- If they do, thank me at richard_chaaya2@yahoo.com :)

Alright lemme add some more to this. Every program I updated then tried to use does not connect. Chrome, IE, Firefox, AIM and so forth. It would appear it's when you update them. And I've got a few friends with similar issues.

i have the same face book chat , firefox all of them do not work -_- could anybody help me out please,?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.