Hi all,

How can i save embedded pictures in Outlook 2007 when it only gives the option Copy.

I hope someone can advise.

Thank you

misschillout

Have you found a resolution for this yet? I am having the same problem. I can copy the image, but then I can't paste the image anywhere. The only thing I have been able to do is take a screen capture.

Probably not the correct way, but if you drag the pic to your desktop and drop it there it will ask you to save it before you add it to your active desktop. select yes, save it then it will ask you if you would like to add it now, select no and your set. Im sure there is a better way, but this works fine.

Dragging and dropping to the desktop is the easiest method, I was prompted to choose a destination and was able to save it wherever I wanted and give it a name. A message popped up saying "This Active Desktop item already exists. You need to delete the existing item..." etc, but ignore that and you will see that it saved just fine wherever you told it to.

I also tried to create a macro using the Outlook instructions but it did not work for me (http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/s...edpictures.htm) and without thorough knowledge of how to create macros in Outlook there was no way I could troubleshoot the problem.

Hi all,

How can i save embedded pictures in Outlook 2007 when it only gives the option Copy.

I hope someone can advise.

Thank you

misschillout

OK. I found a way to get a jpeg image of your embedded image without doing a screen capture.

1. Right click on the embedded picture and click on copy.
2. Right click on your DESKTOP (in a blank area of your desktop of course!) and click Paste.
3. The "Active Desktop" dialog box will come up telling you that you need to save the picture in order to do this. So you just click Yes to continue.
4. Windows now (and FINALLY) brings up the missing Save As dialog box we've all been looking for! So save the .jpg picture wherever you want.
5. It will now ask you if you want to add the "Active Desktop item to your desktop." Just click "No" to this as you most likely don't need a copy there since you already saved the picture where you want it.

Hope this helps!

Dave

P.S. Just noticed someone already posted a version of this soln. Sorry!

Have you found a resolution for this yet? I am having the same problem. I can copy the image, but then I can't paste the image anywhere. The only thing I have been able to do is take a screen capture.

the only way I have found successful is to right click the picture and copy, then go into microsoft office picture manager, click edit and then click paste. this works just fine

Steps above didn't work for me. I use Outlook 2007 on Windows 7. I installed Mozilla Thunderbird and added a Gmail account. So now I forward my Outlook emails to this account, open them in Thunderbird and then the drag and drop works. Cheers.

I know this is an older post. But I just came across it looking for a solution. Instead of finding the solution on here, I accidentally discovered the solution on my own.

It's an extra step or two, but it gets the job done.

1.) Open the email with the embedded picture(s)
2.) Go to file>save as
3.) Save the email as an .HTML or .HTM file.

Wherever you saved the email. It will also create a folder in the name of the email subject line. In this folder are the images.

Hope this helped!

You can also copy the image, and then paste into "Paint". From Paint you can save it as you like.

OK here is the answer that works and is so simple. I couldn't save any pictures that came to me in my Outlook Express E-Mails. I have a Yahoo E-Mail account. I just forwarded the E-Mail from Outlook Express to my Yahoo E-Mail account. There I opened the E-Mail and now here comes the easy part. I RIGHT CLICKED ON THE PICTURE AND CLICKED "SAVE IMAGE AS..." to my picture folder. I opened up my picture folder and there it was. Free for me to do whatever I wanted to do with it. You can cut it, copy it, drag it your choice. Now how simple is that. I know there will be some people that read this and don't have a Yahoo E-Mail account and be wondering what they can do. For those of you that don't have a Yahoo E-Mail account, CREATE ONE. HAVE A NICE DAY

Here are the step you need to take to save the Embedded Image
At first You need to copy the embedded image and Then.....

paste into an image editor like Paint or Photoshop. All Windows users have Paint on their machine (under Programs | Accessories). Open up the image editor to a blank image then paste.
And then You can save in Your Drive.

I hope it will be helpful for you.

For Outlook 2007, just open the email click the 'Other Action' on the menu then view in browser, there you save the image by right click.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.