I found my favorites listed under Documents and Settings, however, it is unclear on how to move them to my favorites folder as they were before they disappeared. Can you provide a step by step for me? I am not real computer literate, but was able to retrieve them as you suggested in an earlier post. I am standing by for a reply. Thank you.
1. Click start
2. In the "Start Search" box, type "windows explorer" (without quotations)
3. On the left side under "folders" look for "Favorites"
4. Right click "Favorites", left click properties
5. Choose "hidden"; then click apply
6. In the next box "Confirm Attribute Changes," choose "Apply changes to this folder only" and click "ok"
7. Once you have finished hiding, then go back to step 3 to look for "Favorites" again
8. Right click "Favorites", left click properties
9. Uncheck "hidden"; click "apply"; choose "Apply changes to this folder, subfolders, and files.
10. Click OK, Apply, OK.
11. Close out your internet explorer browser and re-open it again. All of your "Favorites" should be visible in your drop down menu. After having them all disappear and finally see them reappear, I was so thankful!