Member Avatar for hotmailhelp

Hi - I am unable to log into hotmail since I have installed a new Netgear w614 wireless router. All other web pages work just fine but when I go www.hotmail.com and enter my username and password the browser tries to go to the mail inbox but instead it give me the following error "The page cannot be displayed".

I have been researching the problem and I have tried the following without any luck:

1. Disconnected the Router from the chain and connected my PC (win XP) directly to the ADSL modem and still no hotmail.

2. With the wireless router disconnected I tried to access hotmail using Mozilla on the XP PC but still no success

3. I brought the router back in the chain and made sure the MTU sizes on the Wireless router, ADSL modem and XP PC are all 1500.

4. I have done the ping test to hotmail with size 1472 and I get replies without fragmenting the packets so I know that 1472 + 28 = 1500 is an acceptable MTU size.

5. I have tried to access hotmail through Microsoft outlook with no success

Now I am out of ideas and really praying that one of you will know how to resolve this situation. Can anyone help please?

Gracias!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Have to tried rebooting your modem??

Good luck!

Welcome to the site :)

Member Avatar for hotmailhelp

Yup, even hit the reset button on the ADSL modem when it was directly connected to the PC but still no luck.

Any other ideas?
Really appreciate it guys...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.