hello i have a quick question. i have a computer here not the one i'm on right now, but a different one. when i turn it on it loads up dell but sits there with a black screen and blinking line up in the left upper corner and it won't load windows. my brother got his hands on my comp and deleted windows 2000 because he wanted to put me on it, but when he got me on it and went to restart it now it won't do anything. is my comp worthless? it won't load and just sits there and i need this comp for college. any ideas on whats wrong or how i can fix it.
thanks in advance for your time
maura butkey

take your system cd the one that came with the comp and has the os on it. turn on the computer and put the cd in the drive. restart and go into your boot sequence in your bios on my dell it is F2 and change the boot sequence to boot the cd drive first. Now just reinstall your os you will lose some data but keep some programs

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.