zcapa14 0 Newbie Poster

I noticed about a week ago that, even though I was connected to the internet and Firefox was working fine that the wireless connection icon at the bottom right was displaying as dissconnected. trying to open the networking and sharing centre results in a window opening but then freezing and nothing appearing in it. I then realized that this was not limited to just the netowrk and sharing centre and in fact and program that is built into windows freezes when opened if it opens at all. i.e. IE explorer, Win media player, some but not all control panel elements, windows mail. Enerything start and runs fine under safe mode and safe mode with networking. I have tried returning to a backup point well before any of this trouble started to no avail. I have also run all manner of virus and spyware tests that have retured no results.

I could try a complete system restore but this is something I am keen to avoid as the backup application is one of those that I am unable to start and I would lose a lot of data. Any help advise would be appriciated.

Thanks,

Matthew