i have a virus called LOP and i cant get rid of it. i run ad-aware and it get everything, or soo you would think. everytime i run it i delete around 160 spywhere but never get the one that keeps re-installing lop. everytime i restart my computer it reinstalls itself about 10 minutes later. how can i get rid of it?
#tbone

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

you could try to find all of the files on your computer and delete them. Usually there is a main file for spyware programs like this. You could also try using spybot searh and destroy.

used spybot search and destroy and it doesnt find it either. how can i find the folder it is in? ive searched for LOP and nothing comes up.

First of all could you click Start>Settings>Control Panel>Add or Remove Programs and uninstall 'Window Search', 'Window Searching', 'Lop.com', 'LOP SEARCH', 'Browser Enhancer', or 'Ultimate Browser Enhancer' if listed. You may be given a code to insert, do so and reboot when done. If not listed there, run this uninstaller:
http://members.rogers.com/rjmac/new_uninstall.exe

THANK YOU SOO MUCH!!!

I have run Ad-Aware over 30 times getting rid of over 150 files/folders etc everytime. Finally it is working and has not come back. thanks alot. yall are the best.

#tbone

You're welcome :) . Marking this as solved. Anyone else with the same problem, please start your own thread. Thank you.

yea.. none of the programs are listed on my add or remove programs menu and the site that is on there no longer exists, if anyone knows how to get rid of the LOP on my computer than tell me.. thanks

yea.. none of the programs are listed on my add or remove programs menu and the site that is on there no longer exists, if anyone knows how to get rid of the LOP on my computer than tell me.. thanks

Read crunchie's last post. Start your own thread.

i just registered.. how do you start a new thread

lvlIk3, hi and welcome to Daniweb :).

At the top of the forum you will see a button that says 'New Thread.' Hit that and away you go :).

i don't see the "new thread button" so can you just help me on this one... I can't find how to get rid of LOP and ive tried unistalling it at add/remove so i dunno what to do.
Thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.