hi there

i'm in serious trouble

by mistake, i downloaded some file and ran it.

after running it, i'm not able to open "my computer" "my documents" or any window (except internet explorer or firefox). when i double click "my computer" icon, every icon on the desktop including the taskbar vanishes for 3 seconds and comes back again

when i start my system, sometimes it asks for windows disk and when desktop loads up, the system checks whether internet is connected or not.

i have spybot and avast anivirus installed. they found out some infections but my problem still persists. i have made a log file from HIJACKTHIS whose contents are mentioned below

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 2:08:07 AM, on 7/23/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\Program Files\Airtel\NetXpert\bin\sprtsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\PowerISO\PWRISOVM.EXE
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_06\bin\jusched.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\DAP\DAP.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashSimpl.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/ptec/defaults/sb/*http://www.yahoo.com/search/ie.html
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = about:blank
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.yahoo.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = about:blank
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = about:blank
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/ptec/defaults/su/*http://www.yahoo.com
O3 - Toolbar: qndsfmao - {3FCAEB7D-F8AE-4A67-AE6C-57EE1416BB6D} - C:\DOCUME~1\PC\LOCALS~1\Temp\ac8zt2\qndsfmao.dll (file missing)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PWRISOVM.EXE] C:\Program Files\PowerISO\PWRISOVM.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_06\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avast!] C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Clean Traces - C:\Program Files\DAP\Privacy Package\dapcleanerie.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Download with &DAP - C:\Program Files\DAP\dapextie.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download &all with DAP - C:\Program Files\DAP\dapextie2.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O21 - SSODL: kvxqmtre - {72969E6C-068B-48C4-A4D6-EF172FE5A154} - C:\WINDOWS\kvxqmtre.dll (file missing)
O21 - SSODL: evgratsm - {2DEAAC9A-9124-4F8D-8FD1-C4D2EF611472} - C:\WINDOWS\evgratsm.dll (file missing)
O23 - Service: avast! iAVS4 Control Service (aswUpdSv) - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Antivirus - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Mail Scanner - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Web Scanner - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: PnkBstrA - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\PnkBstrA.exe
O23 - Service: SupportSoft Sprocket Service (nxpclient) (sprtsvc_nxpclient) - SupportSoft, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Airtel\NetXpert\bin\sprtsvc.exe
O23 - Service: SupportSoft RemoteAssist - SupportSoft, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\SupportSoft\bin\ssrc.exe

--
End of file - 4471 bytes

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

please help me :(

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

by mistake, i downloaded some file and ran it.

This doesn't tell us much...what file, where did you download it from, what did it do what you ran it?

1. Download SmitFraudFix. by SiRi and save it to your desktop! This tool only works on (WinXP, Win2K).

2. Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to your Desktop or to your usual Download Folder.
* DoubleClick mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install MBA-M.
* Be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When MBA-M finishes, Notepad will open with the log. Please save it where you can find it easily. The log can also be opened by going to Start > All Programs > Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware > Logs > log-date.txt.

3. Next step is to reboot into Safe Mode like so:

* Restart your computer
* After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, press F8
* A menu should appear
* Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode
* When you are at the logon prompt, log in as the user your normally log in as
* You should then see your Desktop, make sure all windows are closed

4. Click on the Smitfraudfix.exe file which is on your desktop. When the tool first starts you will see a credits screen. Simply press any key on your keyboard to get to the next screen.

5. You will now see a menu. Press the number 2 on your keyboard and the press the enter key to choose the option Clean (safe mode recommended).
The program will start cleaning your computer and go through a series of cleanup processes. When it is done, it will automatically start the Disk Cleanup program
Wait for the tool to complete and disk cleanup to finish.

6. You will be prompted asking Do you want to clean the registry? (y/n). At this screen press the Y button and then press the enter key.

The tool will also check if wininet.dll is infected. If a clean version is found, you will be prompted to replace wininet.dll. Answer Yes to the question "Replace infected file ?" by typing Y and hit Enter.

7. A reboot may be needed to finish the cleaning process, if you computer does not restart automatically please do it yourself manually.

Once the computer has rebooted, you may be presented with a Notepad screen containing a log of all the files removed from your computer.

(Otherwise the tool will create a log named rapport.txt in the root of your drive, eg: Local Disk C: or partition where your operating system is installed.)

8. Navigate to C:\Windows\Temp
Click Edit, click Select All, press the DELETE key, and then click Yes to confirm that you want to send all the items to the Recycle Bin.

Navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\(EVERY LISTED USER)\Local Settings\Temp
Click Edit, click Select All, press the DELETE key, and then click Yes to confirm that you want to send all the items to the Recycle Bin.

Clean out your Temporary Internet files. Proceed like this:

Quit Internet Explorer, all browsers and quit any instances of Windows Explorer.

For Internet Explorer 7

* Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Internet Options.
* On the General tab, click Delete... under Browsing History.
* Next to Temporary Internet Files, click Delete files, and then click OK.
* Next to Cookies, click Delete cookies, and then click OK.
* Next to History, click Delete history, and then click OK.
* Click the Close button.
* Click OK.
For Internet Explorer 4.x - 6.x

* Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Internet Options.
* On the General tab, click Delete Files under Temporary Internet Files.
* In the Delete Files dialog box, tick the Delete all offline content check box, and then click OK.
* On the General tab, click Delete Cookies under Temporary Internet Files, and then click OK.
* Click on the Programs tab then click the Reset Web Settings button. Click Apply then OK.
* Click OK.
Next Click Start, click Control Panel and then double-click Display. Click on the Desktop tab, then click the Customize Desktop button. Click on the Web tab. Under Web Pages you should see a checked entry called Security info or something similar. If it is there, select that entry and click the Delete button. Click Ok then Apply and Ok.

Empty the Recycle Bin by right-clicking the Recycle Bin icon on your Desktop, and then clicking Empty Recycle Bin.

Reboot the system. Then run a new HJT scan, save the log, post it here along with the SmitfraudFix log and the Malwarebytes log.

hello,
actually due to both spybot and avast antivirus installed, the cpu usage might have increased to a great extent that any other program could not run.so check the cpu usage if it is around 100% then uninstall spybot and then try again..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.