Hi Everyone. I"m a newbie. Running XP on a Dell 3800 Insipron laptop. Got a problem. A window is on my desktop. (top half is yellow, bottom half is blue) and it says --Warning - Spyware Detected on your computer. (Bottom Half) Install an antivirus or spyware remover to clean your computer.
I have Lavasoft Ad Aware 2007 and I have scanned with it. Results were that there were 2 infections and it could not deal with it. I also have Kapersky installed and have scanned with that and it comes up clean. I can't find the file or what it is. I am capable of editing the registry. Have done this in the past to remove "Danger - Antivirius" If I could find the file that supports this, I can move against it. Have looked in the Bios and have found nothing out of the ordinary. This has become extremely irritating. Sure hope some one can give me a solution on this The laptop is old but I like it even though the fan stopped working. I would sure appreciate any help any of you Techies can give me. And would it be wothwhile to take it in and have the fan repaired?
Ricmar the Woodman

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Sure hope some one can give me a solution on this The laptop is old but I like it even though the fan stopped working. I would sure appreciate any help any of you Techies can give me. And would it be wothwhile to take it in and have the fan repaired?

Regarding the fan, I think that depends more on how much you really like the laptop and whether you can get a good price if you choose not to do it yourself (sometimes easy and sometimes a real pain - I'm not sure which category Dell falls into).

For the malware:
Please run the steps listed in the linky below and submit the requested scanlogs:
Read me before posting a request for assistance

• Please post the DSS extra.txt as an attachment to your post using the “Manage Attachments” button (scroll down when composing your post).
  • Hold off on posting the Uninstall List. The DSS extra.txt ought to suffice.

I or one of the other volunteers will be happy to help as time permits. I'm a bit over-extended at the moment, but will try to reply in a timely manner if nobody else jumps in.

Best Luck :)
PP

okay so i have a gateway computer.
all these virus warnings keep popping up and their so annoying how can i get rid of them.
i already went to control pad and i clicked the automatic updates and turned it off but their still popping up what do i do????

xo_baby_0x<3, this thread is nearly 2 years old. In order to receive assistance you must begin your own thread, stating all of your problems rather than hijacking another's. Two computers will not be worked on in the same thread.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.