I have some sort of virus or trojan on my laptop. and it will not let me access anti spyware or anti virus sites on the internet to try and remove the spyware. ALthough occasionaly i can access a sight but none of the programs i download will work. i recieve and error box that says ".... .exe is not a valid Win32 application" Also i cannot use system restore at all the computer willl not allow me to continue with the process it simply wont let me click next to start the restore...

PLEASEEEE i need help

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hi,
Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to your desktop.

• Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
  • At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When MBA-M finishes, Notepad will open with the log. Please save it where you can find it easily. The log can also be opened by going to Start > All Programs > Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware > Logs > log-date.txt.

Copy paste this log in your next reply.

1. Please download the latest copy of HijackThis from Trend Micro and save it to your desktop.
  2. Double click on HJTInstall.exe to install it. Click on Install. By default, it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis.
  3. Read through the License Agreement presented to you on the next screen and click on I Accept.
  4. Once installed, HijackThis will start automatically. If it doesn't, please go to your desktop and double click on the HijackThis shortcut created there.
  5. Select Do a system scan and save a logfile.
  6. Close HijackThis.

Please post this log in your next reply as well.

Hi katz123,

Please stay in one thread! Multiple threads confuse us volunteers...
Are you able to do any of the steps I posted in your other thread ---> http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread141630.html
-- What about in Safe Mode?

Please post back in this thread. Cyber Punk, Judy, crunchie or I will be happy to try to help you.

I'll be back on Monday!

PP :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.