i'm sure most of you must have heard of the registry entry mountpoints2 is there some way that you can get rid of it. i open the registry editor and delete it and it keeps reappearing all the time. also i have a problem with the show/hide folders option too. i ran a malwarebytes scan of the system and removed the infected files.also the malwarebytes did not find out the gendel32 file in my comp. i deleted it manually. please advise me.

i'm sure most of you must have heard of the registry entry mountpoints2 is there some way that you can get rid of it.

There is nothing inherently wrong with those registry keys - outside of perhaps Autorun issues involving infected USB drives. They will come back the next time you use a USB drive, clean or not.
I am not sure if you can remove them permanently....

You could have a look here for more info:
http://blogs.technet.com/steriley/archive/2007/10/30/more-on-autorun.aspx

I see that Judy has answered your other thread. I suggest you stick with that one in order to be helped in a timely manner.

Cheers :)
PP

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.