This problem with my laptop keyboard has been going on for a while now.
Initially I press "s" key, it goes erratic and types "sssssssssssssssssssssss"

Now when I try to log in it wont let me type my password untill its been on for 30mins and the screen saver is activated. Once it lets me on the following things happen:
1) sometimes when i try to open a browser, it opens the properties box of internet explorer instead (then I'll have to start the whole process of re starting and waiting for half hour for screensaver before it types my password and lets me on)

2) It will open the browser normally but then say after 20 mins of browsing, the file, edit etc taskbar only, starts to flicker incessantly and laptop makes booting noises (whatever that is). After that it stops to type and then i'll repeat the whole process of switching off on, wait 30mins for screensaver, then it logs me on and the whole thing has been going on for quite a while.

I had a while back before these problems started spilled oil onto the keyboard around the "s" key which is what I thought might have been causing the problem. But since then I have cleaned the keys, used a wireless keyboard and the problem still persists and its worse now so I dont think the oil is the issue.

basically I need HELP!!! What on earth is wrong with my laptop?

It is a Toshiba Satellite Pro A210 Model no: PSAFHE- 01500PEN
AMD Turion 64 X2 mobile technology and vista

Does anyone have any solutions to sugest please?

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Sounds like you got a really bad case of Mal-Ware. The goods news is that most of it is fairly easy to remove. First of all, I want you to download two programs:

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html

(After downloading it make sure you hit the 'update' tab and update the virus defintion database.)

A squared free

http://download.cnet.com/A-squared-Free/3000-8022_4-10262215.html

Now once both these programs are installed and updated restart your computer but keep hitting the 'F8' key. A menu system should pop up. Select 'Safe Mode.'

Run Malwarebytes Anti-Virus first and then a-squared free. It should find a TON of random malicious programs. Remove them with the program and then restart your computer.

Sounds like you got a really bad case of Mal-Ware. The goods news is that most of it is fairly easy to remove. First of all, I want you to download two programs:

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware........

Now once both these programs are installed and updated restart your computer but keep hitting the 'F8' key. A menu system should pop up. Select 'Safe Mode.'

Run Malwarebytes Anti-Virus first and then a-squared free. It should find a TON of random malicious programs. Remove them with the program and then restart your computer.

Safe mode doesn't let MBAM load all it's drivers which are often necessary for the best detection and removal results. MBAM works in safe mode but is crippled, so if at all possible it should be used in normal mode in an admin account.
MBAM is designed to work in normal mode. It's simply most effective when run this way. Other tools like Spybot Search & Destroy work pretty much the same in normal mode vs safe mode, but MBAM does not and that's the most important thing to remember. Nothing bars you from using it in safe mode, but the results just probably won't be as good as they would if run from normal mode.

Originally Posted by gad10=had a while back before these problems started spilled oil onto the keyboard around the "s" key which is what I thought might have been causing the problem....and laptop makes booting noises (whatever that is).

gad10 your problem "might" be malware but the fact that you spilled oil on the keyboard makes me very suspicious this may have seeped through to the inside of the computer and is causing your problems. Go ahead and run that MBA-M scan and see if anything is found but the fact that the hard drive is making noises also makes me lean towards an internal problem. I honestly have not heard of malware causing the hard drive to make odd noises.

Thanks RunTimeError and jholland1964 for your suggestions.

MBAM apparently found 2 infections:
1) Malware.Trace
2) Worm.P2P.
The only option it gave me was to delete them which I did. Does that mean they have been removed completely from my system or do i need to do something else?

A squared free on the other hand found 29 infections. (cant name them all, I am replying to this thread from work so cant remember them all)

It gave me the opportunity to "quarantine" or "delete" some. Dumb question but I ought to delete and not quarantine right??

For the rest it told me they could not be deleted. Those it said it could not delete started like this:
"HKEY_CURRENT_USER_ .........../Kazaa......." and were associated with my skype, ebay tool bar, google tool bar and other things that I use. What is this Kazaa thing that seems to feature in all of them?

I must say with the A squared free scan, it ranked some infections as low risk and others at medium risk.

So what my best option now? Is there anything else I need to do?

Someone suggested wiping out my hard drive and starting affresh. Would you recommend that? and how would I be able to do that?

I have to see that MBA-M log before offering other advice. Also do a Full Scan with HiJackThis, save the log and post it here along with the MBA-M log.
Judy

Hello Judy,

This is the MBA-M log below. See next thread message for hijackthis log. Thanks ever so much for your help.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.41
Database version: 3189
Windows 6.0.6000 (Safe Mode)

17/11/2009 21:40:39
mbam-log-2009-11-17 (21-40-39).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|E:\|F:\|)
Objects scanned: 250897
Time elapsed: 45 minute(s), 48 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 1
Registry Values Infected: 1
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\MediaHoldings (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\desktop sms (Worm.P2P) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 22:58:47, on 18/11/2009
Platform: Windows Vista (WinNT 6.00.1904)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18828)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\Windows\System32\smss.exe
C:\Windows\system32\csrss.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wininit.exe
C:\Windows\system32\csrss.exe
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\avgchsvx.exe
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\avgrsx.exe
C:\Windows\system32\services.exe
C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe
C:\Windows\system32\lsm.exe
C:\Windows\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\avgcsrvx.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework\v3.0\WPF\PresentationFontCache.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\SLsvc.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\Identity Protection\Agent\Bin\AVGIDSAgent.exe
C:\Program Files\a-squared Free\a2service.exe
C:\Windows\system32\agrsmsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\avgwdsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\avgfws9.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\ConfigFree\CFSvcs.exe
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\avgam.exe
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\avgnsx.exe
C:\Windows\system32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\lxdfserv.exe
C:\Windows\system32\lxdfcoms.exe
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\pctsAuxs.exe
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\pctsSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSHIBA DVD PLAYER\TNaviSrv.exe
C:\Windows\system32\TODDSrv.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Power Saver\TosCoSrv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ulead Systems\DVD\ULCDRSvr.exe
C:\Windows\system32\SearchIndexer.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\avgcsrvx.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPStart.exe
C:\Windows\RtHDVCpl.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\ConfigFree\NDSTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Camera Assistant Software for Toshiba\traybar.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\MOM.EXE
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Power Saver\TPwrMain.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\SmoothView\SmoothView.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\FlashCards\TCrdMain.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktop.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\Lexmark 6500 Series\lxdfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Lexmark 6500 Series\lxdfamon.exe
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\avgtray.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSCDSPD\TOSCDSPD.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
C:\Users\gifty a\AppData\Roaming\Google\Google Talk\googletalk.exe
C:\Program Files\Camera Assistant Software for Toshiba\CEC_MAIN.exe
C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnscfg.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynToshiba.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe
C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\ConfigFree\CFSwMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\Identity Protection\agent\bin\avgidsmonitor.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\CCC.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\GoogleToolbarUser_32.exe
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\pctsTray.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil10b.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.google.co.uk
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.google.co.uk
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.google.co.uk
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
R3 - URLSearchHook: AVG Security Toolbar BHO - {A3BC75A2-1F87-4686-AA43-5347D756017C} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\Toolbar\IEToolbar.dll
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - *{CFBFAE00-17A6-11D0-99CB-00C04FD64497} - (no file)
O1 - Hosts: ::1 localhost
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: eBay Toolbar Helper - {22D8E815-4A5E-4DFB-845E-AAB64207F5BD} - C:\Program Files\eBay\eBay Toolbar2\eBayTB.dll
O2 - BHO: WormRadar.com IESiteBlocker.NavFilter - {3CA2F312-6F6E-4B53-A66E-4E65E497C8C0} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\avgssie.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: AVG Security Toolbar BHO - {A3BC75A2-1F87-4686-AA43-5347D756017C} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\Toolbar\IEToolbar.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\GoogleToolbar_32.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\5.3.4501.1418\swg.dll
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Toolbar Helper - {BDBD1DAD-C946-4A17-ADC1-64B5B4FF55D0} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live Toolbar\msntb.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Dictionary Compression sdch - {C84D72FE-E17D-4195-BB24-76C02E2E7C4E} - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\Component\fastsearch_B7C5AC242193BB3E.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Windows Live Toolbar - {BDAD1DAD-C946-4A17-ADC1-64B5B4FF55D0} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live Toolbar\msntb.dll
O3 - Toolbar: eBay Toolbar - {92085AD4-F48A-450D-BD93-B28CC7DF67CE} - C:\Program Files\eBay\eBay Toolbar2\eBayTB.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Google Toolbar - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\GoogleToolbar_32.dll
O3 - Toolbar: AVG Security Toolbar - {CCC7A320-B3CA-4199-B1A6-9F516DD69829} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\Toolbar\IEToolbar.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Defender] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe -hide
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [StartCCC] C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\CLIStart.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPStart] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPStart.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RtHDVCpl] RtHDVCpl.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NDSTray.exe] NDSTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [topi] C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Toshiba Online Product Information\topi.exe -startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Camera Assistant Software] "C:\Program Files\Camera Assistant Software for Toshiba\traybar.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TPwrMain] %ProgramFiles%\TOSHIBA\Power Saver\TPwrMain.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SmoothView] %ProgramFiles%\Toshiba\SmoothView\SmoothView.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [00TCrdMain] %ProgramFiles%\TOSHIBA\FlashCards\TCrdMain.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Toshiba Registration] C:\Program Files\Toshiba\Registration\ToshibaRegistration.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Google Desktop Search] "C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktop.exe" /startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISTray] "C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\pctsTray.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [lxdfmon.exe] "C:\Program Files\Lexmark 6500 Series\lxdfmon.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [lxdfamon] "C:\Program Files\Lexmark 6500 Series\lxdfamon.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Lexmark 6500 Series Fax Server] "C:\Program Files\Lexmark 6500 Series\fm3032.exe" /s
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Assistant AutoStart] "C:\Program Files\O2\agent\bin\bcont_nm.exe" /url "C:\Program Files\O2\agent\common\snapins\restart\cl_restart_landing.htm" /language "en" /restart bcont.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG9_TRAY] C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG9\avgtray.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Sidebar] C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [TOSCDSPD] TOSCDSPD.EXE
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] "C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [googletalk] C:\Users\gifty a\AppData\Roaming\Google\Google Talk\googletalk.exe /autostart
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Skype] "C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe" /nosplash /minimized
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [WMPNSCFG] C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\WMPNSCFG.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /detectMem (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [WindowsWelcomeCenter] rundll32.exe oobefldr.dll,ShowWelcomeCenter (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /detectMem (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [msnmsgr] "C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [msnmsgr] "C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background (User 'Default user')
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office OneNote 2003 Quick Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\ONENOTEM.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Windows Live Search - res://C:\Program Files\Windows Live Toolbar\msntb.dll/search.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Add to Windows &Live Favorites - http://favorites.live.com/quickadd.aspx
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: eBay Search - res://C:\Program Files\eBay\eBay Toolbar2\eBayTb.dll/RCSearch.html
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Blog This - {219C3416-8CB2-491a-A3C7-D9FCDDC9D600} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Writer\WriterBrowserExtension.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: &Blog This in Windows Live Writer - {219C3416-8CB2-491a-A3C7-D9FCDDC9D600} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Writer\WriterBrowserExtension.dll
O9 - Extra button: Send to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: S&end to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
O9 - Extra button: eBay.co.uk - Buy It Sell It Love It - {76577871-04EC-495E-A12B-91F7C3600AFA} - http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-44557-9400-3/4 (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Amazon.co.uk - {8A918C1D-E123-4E36-B562-5C1519E434CE} - http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/redirect-home?tag=Toshibaukbholink-21&site=home (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O13 - Gopher Prefix:
O18 - Protocol: linkscanner - {F274614C-63F8-47D5-A4D1-FBDDE494F8D1} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\avgpp.dll
O20 - AppInit_DLLs: AVGRSSTX.DLL C:\PROGRA~1\GOOGLE\GOOGLE~3\GOEC62~1.DLL
O23 - Service: a-squared Free Service (a2free) - Emsi Software GmbH - C:\Program Files\a-squared Free\a2service.exe
O23 - Service: Agere Modem Call Progress Audio (AgereModemAudio) - Agere Systems - C:\Windows\system32\agrsmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Ati External Event Utility - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\Windows\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG WatchDog (avg9wd) - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\avgwdsvc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG Firewall (avgfws9) - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\avgfws9.exe
O23 - Service: AVG9IDSAgent (AVGIDSAgent) - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\Identity Protection\Agent\Bin\AVGIDSAgent.exe
O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
O23 - Service: ConfigFree Service (CFSvcs) - TOSHIBA CORPORATION - C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\ConfigFree\CFSvcs.exe
O23 - Service: Google Desktop Manager 5.9.911.3589 (GoogleDesktopManager-110309-193829) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Desktop Search\GoogleDesktop.exe
O23 - Service: Google Software Updater (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1050\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\LUCOMS~1.EXE
O23 - Service: lxdfCATSCustConnectService - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\Windows\system32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\\lxdfserv.exe
O23 - Service: lxdf_device - - C:\Windows\system32\lxdfcoms.exe
O23 - Service: PC Tools Auxiliary Service (sdAuxService) - PC Tools - C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\pctsAuxs.exe
O23 - Service: PC Tools Security Service (sdCoreService) - PC Tools - C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\pctsSvc.exe
O23 - Service: TOSHIBA Navi Support Service (TNaviSrv) - TOSHIBA Corporation - C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSHIBA DVD PLAYER\TNaviSrv.exe
O23 - Service: TOSHIBA Optical Disc Drive Service (TODDSrv) - TOSHIBA Corporation - C:\Windows\system32\TODDSrv.exe
O23 - Service: TOSHIBA Power Saver (TosCoSrv) - TOSHIBA Corporation - C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Power Saver\TosCoSrv.exe
O23 - Service: TOSHIBA Bluetooth Service - Unknown owner - c:\Program Files\Toshiba\Bluetooth Toshiba Stack\TosBtSrv.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Ulead Burning Helper (UleadBurningHelper) - Ulead Systems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ulead Systems\DVD\ULCDRSvr.exe

--
End of file - 15469 bytes

You asked about Kazaa. It is a P2P File sharing program, has to be installed by the user of the computer, if you didn't do it then somebody else with access to your computer did so. P2P is really a very dangerous practice and one that we don't condone here at all. One key reason is the ease of infections coming in with shared files, the other is the illegality of the majority of it. Sharing files with some unknown person in order to get something FREE which normally must be paid for is a violation of copyright laws.

You ran MBA-M in Safe Mode. Couldn't you run it in Normal Mode? MBA-M is meant to be run in Normal mode unless it is impossible to do so. Running it in Safe Mode doesn't allow it to load all of it's drivers so even the Full Scan in safe mode isn't complete.
Please Update it again and this time run the Full Scan in Normal Mode.
Remove what it finds and then reboot. Run a new HJT scan and post back with both logs.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.