Windows Version: ME
Service Packs: I don't have a service pack (where can I find one for Win ME?)

I bought a new Anti-Virus program from Staples (Virus Defense Internet System Version 2.0) and after I installed it, it prompted me to reboot the computer, so I did. And it would not start in normal mode, instead, it would turn off by itself, then when I turn it back on, it would prompt me to start in Safe Mode, which I did to uninstall it. After I uninstalled it, it would run normally again. What do you think could be the problem here?

According to Staples (http://www3.staples.com/spotlights/000000/virus.htm), you must first remove all previously installed antivirus software, and any active firewall needs to be disarmed; have you done this?

Personally I think the program is unnecessary because there are enough free programs available to do what this claims to do, but since you've already purchased it, you may as well use it (if you can).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.