Just follow the other instructions and try to keep safe until you can get a new computer with a REAL Windows operating system and not a pirated version.
That really is the only advice I can give you.

advice taken, whole-heartedly. full scan complete, one trojan was detected, which kaspersky has deleted. should I post that log here?

Honestly you would be better off taking the computer back to the guy who "fixed" it for you, HE caused all this.
I really have no more steps I can give you.
Print out all the logs to show him what HE caused. Ask for your $35 back too!

its too late for that, he's off to Bangalore. anyways, it seems i just have to be extra cautious about everything from now on. i'm doing a CCNA course ( you know, the one's from cisco) on top of my engineering. let's just hope it helps me buy a laptop soon enough.

right now, its 2:15 in the morning here in Kolkata, and going to "X-men First class" tomorrow in the noon show with the college gang. Really need a break from all these head-aches my computer is giving me. Maybe the movie will do some good. :)

Just be careful is all I can tell you. Save your money and get a new computer with LEGAL software on it and get the paper work to prove it!

Print out all the logs to show him what HE caused.

even if he was here, i would bet anything that he wouldn't understand a word of those logs!!

Just be careful is all I can tell you. Save your money and get a new computer with LEGAL software on it and get the paper work to prove it!

thanks for the support. really appreciate it.:) i'll do that. :)

goodnight maam :)
thanks again. :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.