I posted this in another section, but I think it went in the wrong section, because I didn't get any answers.

A week or so ago, my Firefox browser's back button stopped working. I couldn't figure out how to fix it, so I uninstalled Firefox and tried to reinstall it, but it wouldn't for some reason. It would download, but then I couldn't get it to install.

So, I started using Google Chrome, which I already have on my computer and the back button was working fine for a few hours, but then started doing the same thing it was doing in Firefox!

What happens is when I click the back button, it looks like it's trying to go back to the previous page. I can see it for just a second and the it just reloads the page I'm currently on. I thought this might be some sort of spyware or virus problem, but I ran my Avira and SuperAntiSpyware and that did'nt help.

Can you help? This is a really frustrating problem!

Oh, and in addition, my SuperAntiSpyware won't update. I don't know if the two things have anything to do with eachother.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Once you format your PC and install the browsers again and keep on updating your anti-virus software!!

What do you mean by format my pc?

I just realized it's not just my browser's back buttons, it's doing it in control panel and stuff like that in windows.

What version IE do you have installed?

Uninstall Firefox and clean registry before reinstall.
perhaps it will be ok.

What version IE do you have installed?
The reason I posted that, Sarah, is because the navigation buttons are used by many Windows components, as well as browsers. Without checking, I believe they form some part of an IE dll, and as such are likely used by third party browsers. You might try removing all IE addons.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.