AS A TITLE< ALSO WITH ANY PROGRAM ALWAYS OPEN HELP MENU OR HELP MENU KEEP POP UP< AND ANY BROSER I USE ALSO APPEARS HELP FORM< ITS VERY ANNOYING>>> YOU KNOW HOW I WRITE THIS>>> BY KEEP PRESS SHIFT AND F1 if NOT PAGE WILL DIRECT TO CHROME HELP PAGE>

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

You could try a clean boot of your system, instructions on how are provided in the link.
Click Here

Member Avatar for deletedaccount

Try formatting your hardrive and then re-installing Windows. If you download a ISO, check where you download from because many are filled with viruses, adware/spyware which will infect you as soon as you have finished the installation.

if you can take a look in task manager, you can see what processes are hijacking your system.

on Win7 I just found a bunch of dllhost.exe processes.
I ended up removing that along with Internet Explorer, Windows Powershell, and dllhst3g.exe

whatever your process is that's running, it's not recommended you delete it like I did unless you know it won't compromize your computer.

if it comes to that, it's best to delete the program using another computer. (I use linux to delete those)
if you don't have another computer, you can use a win7 installation disk and load up command prompt via the help tools and delete them that way. :)
(you're running command prompt from the disk (loaded to your RAM) which counts as a live OS)
^ meaning your active OS installed on your HDD is free for you to modify

be careful with the disk method as it's not exactly as safe as using another computer.

even better though with that method, to give you an actual file explorer, change command prompt to your OS drive.
you can use > dir to list the contents of the "directory" being the drive (validate it contains the WINDOWS directory)

once there:

> cd windows
> notepad

File > Open will give you your explorer.
be careful what you delete as I havn't been able to restore what I've deleted

EDIT:
just to note, because I don't have dllhost.exe, my win7 OS is very unstable and things don't work as they should.

with the removal of IE though, I did find a bunch of rouge JS scripts that ran at Win startup.
(these are not detected by MalwareBytes)

oh I forgot to mention, if you're like me and task manager doesn't even load, download Process Explorer which is much better at showing you just about everything ;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.