Dear all,

I am trying to reset a local admin password on a win xp pro pc using the free Offline NT Password & Registry Editor available at http://home.eunet.no/%7Epnordahl/ntpasswd/bootdisk.html. Lots of people have used it with no problems. When I use it I follow the instruction and blank the admin password. It tells me that this is done so I then try to boot win xp but then find out that the password has not been blanked when I try to log in. I have followed the instructions exactly and tried everything in the FAQ including shutting the PC down cleanly several times over.

When I try to use the CD again to blank the password it tells me that the admin password is already blank, but it definately is not because I still can not log in!. I think that maybe I need to change something iin the registry using the registry editor on the CD but I don't know how to use it and havn't been able to find anythiing about it on the web(other than how great this program is...!). Any help would be grately appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

this not the place to reveal how to crack/hack a logon to any operating system, i suggest you do a little more research to solve this issue on your own.

this not the place to reveal how to crack/hack a logon to any operating system, i suggest you do a little more research to solve this issue on your own.

Usually, posts like this are for people who have forgotten their admin password, and wish to restore access without having to rebuild the machine. Not for people who are trying o break into a system.

But how can i verify that's NOT what you are doing. I apologized if i offend you in any way but those are the rules of this forum,

Dear all,

I am trying to reset a local admin password on a win xp pro pc

simply go to control panel and users and you can do it there .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.