i have been trying to play my magic the gathering game for win 95 on my win xp computer and i cant even get it to load in the computer it keeps telling me that the program is to old it is for win 95 and is not compatable with win xp and i cannot get any updates to try and fix this problem help !!!

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

can you not right click and tell it to run as win95? ive had that option on programs under XP before..... Try running the game in DOS mode if it has one....

like what was just stated if you right click on the exe file and go into properties there should be a tab called compatibility or something like that and you can tell it to run to program in 95 compatiable mode. and it should work just fine i have done this before with a program that refused to run on an XP machine and it worked great :) good luck

Compatibility mode has worked well for me on most 95 stuff I have tried to run on XP.

I have tried to do what you have suggested but nothing seems to work. Please help!

can you not right click and tell it to run as win95? ive had that option on programs under XP before..... Try running the game in DOS mode if it has one....

it does not have dos and i have tried to right click and it does not have the option available when i do

Prosím vás jak spustím command and conquer Tiberian Dawn na XP ptz je to hra na win95 a jak zapnu instalačku tak mi to napíše unable to locate necessary files . run to Setup.exe from the CD ROM disc

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.