i recently put this in tips and tweaks by accident and i apologize

i have a custom built computer that i decided to upgrade not to long ago. I bought new ram, cpu, and a mobo to go along with an ide hdd and nx8600gts video card. i use windows xp

mobo is lanPartyDK 790FX series

cpu is an amd athlon 64 x2 dual-core processor

ram is 2 gigs of g.skill ddr2 800

i get a blue screen which used to just flash for about 1/4 of a sec but a was able to stop that by disabling "automatic reboot after system failure" The error was about scanning for viruses which i cant do since it will not load windows. the tech info is "stop: 0x0000007B (0xBACC3528,0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)"

ive been troubleshooting for a few days but nothing has worked so far, my guess is that the hardware is either uncompatable or i need to reformat.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

You may receive a "Stop 0x0000007B" error message if your computer is infected with a boot-sector virus. If the problem is intermittent and you can start Windows, check your computer for viruses. If you find a virus, also check any floppy disks for viruses before you use them again.

You may also receive a "Stop 0x0000007B" error message in the following scenarios:
• A device driver that the computer boot controller needs is not configured to start during the startup process.
• A device driver that the computer boot controller needs is corrupted.
• Information in the Windows XP registry (information related to how the device drivers load during startup) is corrupted.

Check the following site for troubleshooting:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324103

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.