Hi all:

Can someone tell me what's going on when I get an Application Error that reads:

The instruction at "0x1000116e" referenced memory at "0x1048ffff". The memory could not be "read".

And more importantly, how can I prevent it? This never used to be a problem, but seems to be happening once or twice a day now.

Thanks a lot!

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

The '0x..' numbers are Hexadecimal Notation for Memory addresses. The first number is the memory address of the program opcode being executed. That opcode is trying to read the value stored at memory location '0x1048fff'.

The problem occurs because the program doesn't have permission from the OS to read that memory loc.

Have you installed/uninstalled any progs/system patches lately? You don't say what OS you're running, but Win 95 & 98 had a sackful of incremental patches to specific system files. Fix one problem, cause two more...

I'm having this same problem...

The application was running fine before. Will installing the Windows 2000 service pack 4 help at all?

This is really frustrating, if anyone has a solution out there please post it.

Thank you

I'm having this same problem...

The application was running fine before. Will installing the Windows 2000 service pack 4 help at all?

This is really frustrating, if anyone has a solution out there please post it.

Thank you

if you are running win2000 and don't have sp4 installed then you should install it ,not sure you will fix your problem but won't hurt the install for sure .
what appp are you trying to run when you get the error .post the exact error you get !

if you are running win2000 and don't have sp4 installed then you should install it ,not sure you will fix your problem but won't hurt the install for sure .
what appp are you trying to run when you get the error .post the exact error you get !

It started with FreeCap, now SOCKS2HTTP..

Ahh!!

~PS Where can I download sp4?

hi! I have an application error that says "The application failed to initialize properly(0x0000034). Click ok to terminate the program."

can you please help me fix this problem?....

hi! I have an application error that says "The application failed to initialize properly(0x0000034). Click ok to terminate the program."

can you please help me fix this problem?....

Which Application are you trying to open?? It would be good if you could open a seperate thread for your issue..This thread is more than 5 years old...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.