In the beginning of the week I shut my home computer down normally. When I turned the computer back on in the morning my desktop is white with Active Desktop Recovery written on it. When I click Restore Active Desktop I get this error

I re-booted my XP Home based computer after shutting it down normallty and received the whire screen with the message: "Active Desktop Recovery". I clicked on the "Restore my Active Desktop" and received the following error message, titled:

Internet Explorer Script Error
Line: 65
Char: 1
Error: Object doesn't support this action
Code: 0
Url:

Do you want to continue running scripts on this page yes/no

I have tried restore default settings, ran system scans of nortan and spyware terminator. I have deleted the last thing installed and rebooted several times. Nothing worked.

I can not change the desktop in anyway with pictures colors etc. I even tried that. You can't click on any of the options on that box.

Can anyone please help me fix this issue? I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Please can someone help? :(

change registry key to 0 instead 272 look like solve my problem
but the problem appear again on the next boot, so i have to change DeskHtmlVersion key again again and again everytime my computer run.

So i created small program to set DeskHtmlVersion to Zero Decimal and you must make it run every time my computer start and make DeskHtmlVersion keep to Zero Value.

I upload this file to rapidshare so download it guys…
Download This File

just follow this step :

1. Download and extrak the arcive, you will see DeskHtmlVersionToZero.exe and you have to make it to run on every time computer start, so follow next step.

2. Copy DeskHtmlVersionToZero.exe to C:\WINDOWS\system32\

3. Type regedit on StartMenu > RUN

4. Goto HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

5. Create String Key, give it name DeskHtmlVersionToZero

6. Fill The Value with C:\WINDOWS\system32\DeskHtmlVersionToZero.exe

7. Restart Computer.

8. To Check it, type msconfig on StartMenu > RUN, goto startup tab, you will see DeskHtmlVersionToZero on your startup program.

9. And Check that Your DeskHtmlVersion Keep in Zero Value.

If u like it please give me comments

Please can someone help? :(

What causes this

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.