OK, I've got another problem, one I've seen around that seems to be common among people using Windows. After some trouble with my system, many things went wrong. One of them was that the Packet Scheduler Miniport #5 and the Wan Miniport (IP) parts of my system stopped working.

Each one tells me it's unable to load the drivers for them, though both of them were working previously. I've tried using windows to find new drivers for them both but the Packet Scheduler Miniport #5 says it can only find an invalid driver, and the Wan Miniport #5 says there is no better driver available... in both cases, they still don't... or can't... load the existing drivers or function.

Does anyone have any advice on what might be the problem, or ideas on how to fix this problem?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Disconnect them,then uninstall the drivers from Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager
and then connect them again and it should install them again

I tried this already with no results.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.