Heres my problem:

Every so often, usually after i have been doing one thing and leaving every other program idle, or leaving the computer idle for longer than ~2 Min, the instant I open My Computer, click a back button in internet explorer, or even enter a console command in a game I play, the computer will "pause" or "freeze" for 1 or 2 seconds. Its hard to fully explain this problem, but if im in a game it will freeze, repeat the sound(s) thats playing in the game for this short time then resume.

Im not entirely sure if this is directly related to windows XP, but this has become a very annoying problem, and is making me very, VERY, angry :twisted:

Specs:

Pentium 4 3.00 GhZ w/HT
512 Mb DDR RAM
Ati Radeon 9200m
80 Gig HDD [Toshiba] using FAT32
Windows XP Professional w/No SP

Ive tried using SP1/SP2 but those did nothing. I have tried re-installing the OS, and I think i tried reformatting w/re partitioning. Im out of ideas, hopefully someone can help!

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I would like to venture a guess that it might be ram related.
Perhaps if you could search for some sort of ram tester on the web or perhaps replace the ram.
Might also be worth checking that the ram is correctly reported in the bios eg has the right latency - different wording probably with different bios's.

Do you have any names of freeware memory testing programs? Or a very popular shareware one?

Heres my problem:

Every so often, usually after i have been doing one thing and leaving every other program idle, or leaving the computer idle for longer than ~2 Min, the instant I open My Computer, click a back button in internet explorer, or even enter a console command in a game I play, the computer will "pause" or "freeze" for 1 or 2 seconds. Its hard to fully explain this problem, but if im in a game it will freeze, repeat the sound(s) thats playing in the game for this short time then resume.

Im not entirely sure if this is directly related to windows XP, but this has become a very annoying problem, and is making me very, VERY, angry :twisted:

Specs:

Pentium 4 3.00 GhZ w/HT
512 Mb DDR RAM
Ati Radeon 9200m
80 Gig HDD [Toshiba] using FAT32
Windows XP Professional w/No SP

Ive tried using SP1/SP2 but those did nothing. I have tried re-installing the OS, and I think i tried reformatting w/re partitioning. Im out of ideas, hopefully someone can help!

I'm having the exact same problem, everytime i want to watch a movie, it freezes with the sound stuck every 5 seconds apart.

anyone plz help?

my specs:

Microsoft Windows Xp home edition SP2
Intel Celeron processor 2.00 GHz 2.02 GHz
768 MB of RAM
Ati Rage 128 32 meg (better video card will come in like 2-3 days)
Creative Sound Blaster PCI sound card

i'm real tired of it, another thing

everytime i try to access the internet, it takes a long time to load then shows up as: Page cannot be Displayed, then i refreshed it then i'm back to home page.

is there a solution to these annoying errors?

i'm using a Blitzz Wireless adaptor

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.