1,105,333 Community Members

Password suddenly won't work - please help it's my company laptop!

Member Avatar
CLW
Newbie Poster
2 posts since Aug 2008
Reputation Points: 0 [?]
Q&As Helped to Solve: 0 [?]
Skill Endorsements: 0 [?]

Have been using my works laptop this evening, switched it off and when I switched it back on again the password won't work - havent change it but it's just not happening.
Any ideas?

Member Avatar
CLW
Newbie Poster
2 posts since Aug 2008
Q&As Helped to Solve: 0 [?]

When I try to type in my password the follow error message comes up: The system could not log you on, make sure your username and domain are correct then type your password again.

The caps lock is off, i haven't changed my password and still it won't let me in PLEASE HELP

Member Avatar
fmc-tech
Newbie Poster
5 posts since Aug 2008
Q&As Helped to Solve: 1 [?]

Is your laptop a member of the domain? Check to see if you are logging in locally or as a member of a domain.

Member Avatar
sittas87
Nearly a Posting Virtuoso
1,312 posts since Apr 2008
Reputation Points: 91 [?]
Q&As Helped to Solve: 51 [?]

Log in as the administrator and use the admin password. If you dont know the password laeve it blank and enter.Recreate a new user or change the password of the current user that you cant seem to remember/ someone else has changed. Do this is safe mode. if you dont know how to startup in safe mode heres how: if youre computer starts tap F8 a number of times until you get a option list witch will include the safe mode option. Select that option

Cheers and Good Luck

You
This article has been dead for over three months: Start a new discussion instead
Tags Related to this Article