I have always had trouble with my various computer controllers. What seems to happen to them within a few months is that the control sticks suddenly become completely messed up. And I don't mean it gradually gets more messed up, I mean I'm playing it and it suddenly starts acting funny. After that, the only way to get it to work properly again is to reformat my computer.

I figure that because reformatting helps, this must be a software problem. Is there any way to completely remove information about my controller off of the computer so that I can reinsert the thing and it will detect it as a new device? I think this would fix the problem.

The controller is designed to use the generic drivers that comes with XP and that's what I'm doing.

Try going to the manufactors web site and get updated drives ,and use the minstead of winxps

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.