I have 2 satta drive .prmary has 3 parts with win 2003 standerd in C:.other hard disk is single partition .Primary disk is with win 2003.second disk is with windows Xp.After loading xp in second disk my win 2003 on c drive wont boot.When ever i select it just restarts pc with out any message????my boot note pad is
[Boot Loader]
Timeout=10
Default=C:\$WIN_NT$.~BT\BOOTSECT.DAT
[Operating Systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(1)\WINNT="Microsoft Windows 2000 Server" /fastdetect
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Windows Server 2003, Standard" /fastdetect

here in second line therse is windows 200 server.that is because first i loaded win 2000 server on hard disk 2 and then upgraded with Xp.If i started xp i can see all data in primary disk .Only thing it wont boot from win 2003 which was working before loadingXP
some give me suggestion how can i start this disk?any commond to check boot file in dos mode???

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

It would seem that your 2003 instalation is faulty and it reverts to the default OS which is XP.
I am not familiar with 2003 but if you can do a OS repair on it as you can with XP that should fix your problem.

"prmary has 3 parts with win 2003 standerd in C:"
"other hard disk is single partition; second disk is with windows Xp"
[Boot Loader]
Timeout=10
Default=C:\$WIN_NT$.~BT\BOOTSECT.DAT
[Operating Systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(1)\WINNT="Microsoft Windows 2000 Server" /fastdetect
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Windows Server 2003, Standard" /fastdetect

Hello, male, it does look like the XP installation fell over. It has left an incorrect entry in the boot.ini file - the Default is pointing to the Restart file that is used during installation.
And there are three Oses shown in the selection list!
This should work for you:

[Boot Loader]
Timeout=5
Default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[Operating Systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT="Microsoft Windows 2000 Server" /fastdetect

If you do not like the default I have chosen for you simply paste this line in instead:
Default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.