Hello everyone,
I am using Windows XP and I have about 40% free space. I just recently discovered that when I clicked the Itunes icon, nothing happens. When I click the Internet Explorer icon, a blank window pops up and it freezes or says that Internet Explorer has to close. I even tried to right click 'properties' on the icon itself, 'properties' shows up, but when I click on it, nothing happens! I ran Norton Antivirus and nothing showed up, no viruses found. I would like some suggestions because I do not want to restore my computer to factory settings! I do not have that kind of time on my hands! Also, I did try to run a regular restoration to an earlier date and the computer says that the restoration was incomplete both in normal and in safe mode. I tried turning off the Norton as well as turning the restoration option off. Please help!

Hi ,you may need to download this program from another computer to get it ,but i suggest you run malwarebytes first off.
---------------------------------
Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

(http://www.majorgeeks.com/Malwarebytes_Anti-Malware_d5756.html) to your

desktop.

* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
* At the end, be sure to checkmark the Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and

Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.
post the log back here

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.