Does anyone know how to have Outlook or Outlook express import the messages I have received with the use of Mozilla Mail.

I am just finding it so much easier to use a good old Microsoft Product (please don't flame me, it is a personal preference). :D

Any ideas how to import messages from Mozilla Mail to Outlook?

Thanks in advance :)

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

so have you tried to import to outlook.File /imprort/messages / you get a list to pick from mozilla might be in it

Good thought, but tried that...

I thought maybe you did but you didn't say in your first post what you did try !:)so what did you try .

Outlook and Outlook Express are the most popular e-mail clients used by attackers to spread worms, which often propagate by stealing addresses from those programs and sending messages to unsuspecting users. P2P software has been frequently used by so-called blended exploits as one of several methods for infecting systems.

The list ranks Microsoft's Web sever, the Internet Information System (IIS) software, as the leading cause of Windows vulnerabilities.

Also on the Windows list are Microsoft SQL Server (at number 2), Internet Explorer (at number 4), and Windows' remote access services (at number 5). All three have been the target of major attacks and disruptions in 2003, ranging from the Slammer worm's assault on SQL Server to the summer's MSBlaster worm, which exploited vulnerabilities in Windows Remote Procedure Calls (RPC). Most recently, Internet Explorer came under fire for unpatched vulnerabilities that resulted in requests to view major search services such as Google being re-directed to a third-party Web site.

On the Unix and Linux side, the Institute named the Berkeley Internet Domain Name (BIND) software -- which is widely used on domain name servers to match URLs with IP addresses -- as the top problem software. Apache Web server (at number 3) and Sendmail (at number 6) are also on the Unix/Linux list, and have been exploited this year.

Huger did pick a small bone with the list, saying that he would have bumped Internet Explorer a spot or two on the Windows Top 10.

IE is dangerous because it's so insidious, he said. Both because it's so popular and because it's so easy to exploit. Symantec, for instance, is seeing a large increase in the use of botnets, connected connections of Internet Relay Chat (IRC) bots, propagating through Internet Explorer in an attempt to entice Web surfers to malicious sites.

Well Ok, I have tried a number of things now, including the link (thanks caperjack .... nice to see someone on here from my home town), but with no luck..

I have tried importing using Outlook 2003 with every possible file type. Lotus, Exchange, CSV, PST, etc with no luck. Then I tried to use Outlook express to grab the mail first, and then import it with Outlook 2003. Notta!

Outlook express can't even find it.

Any other thoughts?

And as far as Outlook 2003, I love to new look and interface. And as far as security holes, it is just like Big "B" says, and everything has a hole, just when you have that many people out there exploiting it, things looks worse than they really are.

Thanks again....

So here's what I did to import Mozilla Thunderbird emails (after trying all other options)
1- Open up the intended emails in Mozilla *one by one* (yeah, tedious but it works... read on) and go File-> Save As -> and save them as .eml files in a directory of your choice.
2- Close Mozilla and go to the directory where you saved all those .eml files and double click them (Outlook should open it automagically, if not try resetting Outlook as your default email program) once again, one by one and go File -> Move To Folder where you then chuck it into your Inbox or whatever.
Hope this helps!

Does anyone know how to have Outlook or Outlook express import the messages I have received with the use of Mozilla Mail.

I am just finding it so much easier to use a good old Microsoft Product (please don't flame me, it is a personal preference). :D

Try this - I just happened across this in desperation.
Select all messages in mozilla
Right click
select move to
select local folders
select outlook express
select folder you desire to move messages to

Hi,

Were you able to resolve this problem. I am also having the similar problem. Would appreciate if could share with me the method of doing this.

Thanks.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.