:confused: I Just finished reformatting my computer and i accedentally parttitoned everything Including all my drivers ( video audio ) I got the Audio driver installed... But i cant install the Video card ( people DONT ASK me if i know the name cuz i got no clue ) i have a Hp Pavillion 540N when i got to Control Panel ---- System ---- Hardwear ---- Device Manager --- and under the heading " Other Devices " there is Video Controller (VGA Compatible) .... i got Xp professional by the way

now for my other problem I dowloaded RvB videos and they only play audio but i KNOW there video i looked what they were they say Video/x-msvideo i have Divx player and it does not work on that is it becuase i need the proper codecs ? or is that my video card 2 ( i can watch other videos so :confused: ) if u no the proper codec can u please give me the link RIGHT to the file and exactly what to click so i dont wonder around over looing sumthing really dumb

Thanks ! later ! Send help :)

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

OK, lets try to do this right (this time). Go here and download this utility and run it. This is called BeLarc Advisor and it will perform a profile of your computer. In that profile, look at what it says under "DISPLAY". Copy that info (just under "Display") and post it here. That will tell us all about your Video card and your monitor. We'll then know what you have (and so will you).

OK, lets try to do this right (this time). Go here and download this utility and run it. This is called BeLarc Advisor and it will perform a profile of your computer. In that profile, look at what it says under "DISPLAY". Copy that info (just under "Display") and post it here. That will tell us all about your Video card and your monitor. We'll then know what you have (and so will you).

lol man i did that it it says this Exactly

Display

None detected

OK, so there is your main problem. Your computer is NOT recognizing the video card and that's the problem you have to overcome. I'm unfamiliar with Win XP so I can't give you specific steps. In your control panel, under the OTHER DEVICES where you show the video card, if you double click on that entry it should bring up a status screen. What does it tell you under DEVICE STATUS on that screen?

mine under display is

NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT [Display adapter]
SHP LL-T17A4-H [Monitor] (17.1"vis, s/n 3D003627, July 2003)

mine under display is

NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT [Display adapter]
SHP LL-T17A4-H [Monitor] (17.1"vis, s/n 3D003627, July 2003)

but is there anyother device or programm to play it?

There is still a way to identify the card by using the Debug program that is built into Windows.

Go Start > Run, type in Debug and press the Enter key. A DOS window appears with a hyphen as a prompt. Type in dc000:0,ff (four zeros, not capital Os), and press the Enter key.

On the left of the window several lines of figures will appear, and the video card's chipset and manufacturer will appear within the figures to the right of them.

Post the results on this forum and let us know.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.