Hi everyone,

I am new to the forums and am seeking some help with a basic computer problem. Whenever I open Internet Explorer there is no problems at all. However, whenever i close it, a small window always appears saying this:

iexplore.exe - Application Error
The instruction at "0x5ff3d322" referenced memory at "0x8d3cd6b3". The memory could not be "read".
Click on OK to terminate the program

Along with this, I am also experiencing a lot of other problems that i think are related to this. I tried installing a software (Glary Utilities for cleaning up my registry) but as soon as the installation finished, it said something like "application cannot start up". Maybe this might be unrelated, but i thought i'll let you guys know that as well.

Thx in advance for any help!
CC

There could be any of (at least) three reasons for this in likely order of probability:

1/
There is a trojan that is corrupting memory. Scan using Anti-Malwarebytes.

2/
There is a memory conflict with a driver or something that has become located in an area that IE wants to access. What new device or device driver has been added to the system or Windows update?

3/
RAM is misbehaving. Perform a memory check.

That's what comes to my mind first. Other wisdoms may be offered.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.