That is the error that I get when I try to update a phone number to my internet. I have an XP that will not update the phone book. We have switched ISP's and the disk that they (netzero) gave us does not work on the XP computer. I worked just fine on my 98 and ME... someone help me.

tawzon commented: ok +0

Hi There, Where you able to get rid of your 624 error?
I hva the same PRoblem and also cannot get rid of it.
Thanks
Keithgallic@yahoo.com

I guess I have the same problem with not being able to update the phone book. I can't get onto Juno Web because it can't create a dialup. Has anyone found a solution to this?

I guess I have the same problem with not being able to update the phone book. I can't get onto Juno Web because it can't create a dialup. Has anyone found a solution to this?

To resolve this issue, first locate the Rasphone.pbk file and make sure that the read-only file property in the Properties dialog box is not selected. If it is not selected, the file may be damaged and you must rename the Pbk folder to Pbk.old. The Pbk folder is located in the "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Connections" folder. If you cannot see the Pbk folder, make sure that you can see hidden files and folders. To do so, follow these steps:

Click Start , click My Computer, and then click Folder Options on theTools menu.
2.Click the View tab.
3.Click Show hidden files and folders, and then click OK.

I guess I have the same problem with not being able to update the phone book. I can't get onto Juno Web because it can't create a dialup. Has anyone found a solution to this? please e-mail ruwan_kapila@hotmail.com

Thank you

I cannot connect to interent with my ,,mifi,, I get erro 624 system cannot update phone book file, no one has any ideaa why, just started Pp
can anyone help?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.