i have internet connected in all my computers but i have bloced net surfing by blocking port80 from the router.
could anyone suggest a way to change the settings of one computer temporarly to access the net. i can only use internet explorer.(no extra program to be installed)
thankx

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

i have internet connected in all my computers but i have bloced net surfing by blocking port80 from the router.
could anyone suggest a way to change the settings of one computer temporarly to access the net. i can only use internet explorer.(no extra program to be installed)
thankx

What make/model is the router?

If you know the router password you can usualy change this setting on the routers configure page (192.168.0.1 if Netgear, 192.168.0.11 if Belkin, others vary)
If you do not know your password then the router will have to be hard (Factory) reset

What make/model is the router?

i dont have to reset it ,net even change the setting but access internet without port 80

i dont have to reset it ,net even change the setting but access internet without port 80

The internet (HTTP) runs on port 80 for example Google can only be accessed via port 80

The only way to access the internet without that port would be setting up a dedicated HTTP Tunnle server outside your network but that is extremely complicated and would require a dedicated server as well as at least a few years experience with UNIX/Linux.

The best solution would rather be to reset the router or if that is not an option contact your ISP/Router manufacturer

thankx

You don't need to do any reset. If you know how to access the web setup page you can do it there. Belkin's address is 192.168.2.1, but remember that you must do these only with a computer connected with cable to the router. On the belkin setup page there is an option for client IP filter where you can block some ports for a certain computer (you must input the ip of this computer) for a certain period of time. If you need further assistance on this you can always call the belkin tech support.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.