Getting some problems....This problem occurred one day when I tried to start my computer up. Everything runs normally until I reach the windows logo and beings to load. The screen never loads and instantly turns into blue screen of death for a second and then the computer restarts and it repeats its self over and over. I tried to run in safemode but was unable. It restarts before i can enter safe mode. I opened bios and directed the boot sequence to read from the disc. I enter my XP cd and being the process of reformatting. I get to the point where I accept the terms of service and then It tells me to insert the XP CD. I already have the cd in the rom so I open and close it to get it to read the disc. It then tells me "Setup could not read the CD you inserted or the cd is not a valid windows cd". I have looked online and a few forums say that i need a legit copy of windows on my pc or a different copy of windows cd for it to "upgrade".

I had a problem a few months ago in october with the Windows Police Pro rouge anti virus. In october I had reformatted my PC using this exact same disc to fix this problem. Everything worked great and then one day in November this blue screen of death problem started occurring. I havent gotten around to try fixing it until my school was over. How can I fix this. Might it be a problem with my CD rom? I have a spare should i try switching it out to get it to work?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

what is the code at the blue screen? you didn'n mention it though

It then tells me "Setup could not read the CD you inserted or the cd is not a valid windows cd". I have looked online and a few forums say that i need a legit copy of windows on my pc or a different copy of windows cd for it to "upgrade". Might it be a problem with my CD rom? I have a spare should i try switching it out to get it to work?

OK, first up, is it a legit Windows CD? Is the other CD a legit copy and is it for the same Windows as the system now has?
I am assuming that the CD has started and loaded all the files needed to start where it has detected that your CD is not genuine
If this is the case, the only way to fix you setup is to buy a legit copy of Windows and install that. If it is a legit copy and it is not reconized then try the other copy and if still playing up please post back.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.