I have a very strange problem! I have an almost brand new Dell Computer running Windows XP. I have been using Windows Media Player quite happily to listen to my CDs. I copied a couple of DVDs yesterday and now, when I play a music CD, it shows as playing, but no sound comes through the speakers or headphones! There's no problem with these, as I can hear all other sounds. Is it a coincidence, or could it have something to do with the copying of the CDs. I'd be very grateful for any assistance. :rolleyes:

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Delisha,
I know it might sound daft but check the volume controls in Media Player. I have found that the wave volume can be low in the settings.
regards
Zoned

Ohmygawd ,,, what an idiot ,, the sound was muted!!!!

Thanks a mill

Regards

Delisha

Ohmygawd ,,, what an idiot ,, the sound was muted!!!!

Thanks a mill

Regards

Delisha

I had this problem, but it was not the mute button. It ended up being that the Media Player has an output setting that had switched to "Default Direct Sound Device" On my system it should have been realtek
To find this it is located in:
tools : options : devices : speakers : properties
if you don't see the tools menu, then right click on the toolbar next to "Now Playing" and select "Show classic menus"

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.