My aol will not start. I mean, I click on it, but it won't start. basically like I never clicked on it at all. I don't have this problem with any of my other programs, or on any of my other computers.

The "Tech-support" at AOL couldn't "figure" out how to fix this. In other words, they don't have a script in front of them for this problem. So, they are blaming it on Windows/Dell and Dell/Windows is blaming it on AOL. In the middle i'm getting screwed!! Not fun.

Basically, I reinstalled AOL from scratch, no luck, and I have already "fixed" the problem according to what AOL tech support told me to do, but no luck.

Is there anyone out there that can help me????

I think there might be a conflict or something. I dont know. I just know, that I've already tried everything AOL tech-support told me to (and then some) with no luck.

Once again, I need my AOL.

Thanks, in advance.

[If this belongs in a different area, let me know and I will repost it.]

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

1. Go to CompUSA or Best Buy or any other place that might carry a free AOL 9.0SE installation cd.

2. Completely uninstall it from your computer
- Go to where it installs and delete the folder AFTER uninstalling.
- Go to your Registry (start > run > regedit) and under HK_CURRENT_USER, expand Software, click on the AOL folder and delete, click on Pure Networks folder and delete.

3. Install from the CD you nabbed from CompUSA or Best Buy or where ever.

Repost and let me know if this helped any.

i have a same problem on vista ut i figured it out right click on the aol icon on the bottom of ur right screen u should get a lil box on the click on the system information once that opens up minimize that screen and try to open aol gain it should work it works for me thats the only way it works for me anyways otherwise i wouldnt be able to get on

commented: Learn to punctuate. This isn't a chat room. -2

Its beyond belief that the first complaint was NINE years ago....and we are STILL having the SAME problem with AOL. Mine stopped working, wouldnt open, I ended up removing and replacing it and still wont open. Ridiculous. Windows 7 stinks...XP was far and away a better operating system. AOL seems to be sliding into history on its face. Full of bugs, it never works right, causes system stalling and crashes.....terrible

Really? You install AOL???? SMH

Having AOL not run is a feature, not a bug.

I ended up going to MyCleanComputer.Com, in lieu of taking the computer IN to the shop, and being without it for several days. I paid to have a tech clean out my computer and get it running at top speed again. He said the glitch in the software was due to a load of malware on my computer. Some attached itself to files on the hard drive, so it took awhile to get it all cleaned out, and we did a system restore without losing any of my files, or any of my aol stuff. It was well worth it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.