Hi,
I was given a computer to fix and have been searching various forums on the solution, well the problem is that aparently the user clicked on a popup for a free trial on anti-virus software, after the download it scanned his HD and found a virus and told him told him to delete certain files, He thinking that he actually had a virus deleted the files and rebooted his PC. It loads up windows and goes to the logon screen but it won't let you logon. It goes up to loading your settings then starts all over again. I have tried bootin up in safe mode and tried to go through an admin account but nothing works the same problem keeps occuring. Any solutions?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

What OS? I had the same issue with a laptop running Win2k. I don't remember right off the top of my head how we fixed it but you might need to reload the OS (although I didn't end up doing this with the user.)

boot to the xp cd and do a repair maybe

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.