When I boot via Safe mode i can do most everthing. I have no antivirus program and when in safe mode.. the screen is too big for me to get tothe bottem to click on install or ok.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Member Avatar for anu07

What is the configuration of your PC?

Windows XP

Member Avatar for anu07

well can you elaborate.....how much system ram does your pc have,what processor is your pc using and how much hard disk space do you have.....
well go right click on 'My Computer' on the desktop or from the start menu and select Properties(it should show you the processor type and amount of physical ram if you didn't know how to check).

I have no antivirus program and when in safe mode.. the screen is too big for me to get tothe bottem to click on install or ok.

antivirus doesn't start in safe mode ,so it normal not to have one!
the screen is to big because you video device is not running ,only running in vga mode ,no programs running in normal mode is almost always caused by a trojan/virus ,so you will have to fix that to get you computer running correctly ,you might check out the virus section of daniweb for help with removing the infection

Member Avatar for anu07

I guess she meant she doesn't have a antivirus at all...anyways midsister if you need to change the screen resolution to something higher....

You can go to desktop properties > setting > then change the resolution by sliding the low to high slider(800 by 600 or 1024 by 768 pixels should be enough).
Don't press OK or Apply...but instead click on Advanced and click Ok on the advanced screen.This should ask you for confirmation,press ok,and then press ok again in the desktop properties screen.

Now the screen resolution must have changed,and now you can install with ease whatever you were trying to,and well like caperjack says.....you need to do a antivirus check of your computer,the virus section of daniweb will help you out there....good luck :)

I guess she meant she doesn't have a antivirus at all...anyways midsister if you need to change the screen resolution to something higher....

You can go to desktop properties > setting > then change the resolution by sliding the low to high slider(800 by 600 or 1024 by 768 pixels should be enough).
Don't press OK or Apply...but instead click on Advanced and click Ok on the advanced screen.This should ask you for confirmation,press ok,and then press ok again in the desktop properties screen.

Now the screen resolution must have changed,and now you can install with ease whatever you were trying to,and well like caperjack says.....you need to do a antivirus check of your computer,the virus section of daniweb will help you out there....good luck :)

if you read first post ,they are running in safe mode and should no be able to set that high resolution in safe mode !!

Member Avatar for anu07

well not to argue with you,but,I actually tried changing the resolution on my xp on safe mode that way and it worked,that's why I laid it out :).....it doesn't work if u just change the slider and press apply or ok....but going the the advanced screen and pressing ok does it....thats the trick :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.