One of the employees at my company recently acquired a new laptop. Since he received his new laptop, he is receiving the error " !Task 'mailaccountname' reported error (0x8004010F): The operation failed. An object could not be found" when he sends or receives e-mail in Outlook 2003 on XP. He is able to successfully send and receive, so the error is more of an irritation than anything. Our Exchange server is running Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003. There is nothing logged in the event logs on the server to indicate any problems. From what I have read about this error, it appears to be referencing the offline address book on the server. I'm confused as to why a new laptop would cause this error, and what steps I can take to fix it. Any ideas? Thanks in advance to anyone who responds.

One of the employees at my company recently acquired a new laptop. Since he received his new laptop, he is receiving the error " !Task 'mailaccountname' reported error (0x8004010F): The operation failed. An object could not be found" when he sends or receives e-mail in Outlook 2003 on XP. He is able to successfully send and receive, so the error is more of an irritation than anything. Our Exchange server is running Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003. There is nothing logged in the event logs on the server to indicate any problems. From what I have read about this error, it appears to be referencing the offline address book on the server. I'm confused as to why a new laptop would cause this error, and what steps I can take to fix it. Any ideas? Thanks in advance to anyone who responds.

are you using Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003 Service Pack 1 with business contact manager???

I sugest you to uninstall ms office completely and reinstall with plain outlook lemme know if it worked

If you found out the cause of this would you please share the solution.

Thanks in Advance.

Hi,

I have a stand alone machine with outlook 2003 coming up with this error message. I previously had this connected to exchange on Small Business Server 2003 but this has now been removed from the domain.

I've been using Thunderbird (mozzilla) for a while as I got fed up not being able to send and receive email from my POP account as this message keeps coming up and all threads appear to lead to an error with exchange, which I do not have!

I've deinstalled and re installed office but this has made no difference.

Has anybody come across this or can help?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.