Here is the problem:

Computer starts fine.
Passes bios control.
Starts loading windows.

Right after the win loading and before the password login page the screen turns black and no signal is displayed.

I believe the problem has occured from an abnormal shut-down the previous day.

How can i fix this?
(Windows repair through commands maybe??)

Thanx again.
If anyone has an answer please also mail me:

Cosmic

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

You need to boot into safe mode, by pressing F8 at startup throughout POST (Power on self test, the bios crontrol bit), selecting Safemode from the list, (could always try "Last Known good configuration" as well),

If it boots into safe mode, a low res edition of your normal OS, it may be one of two things

Either you have set your Resolution / Display Settings outside that capable of your monitor, (which is hard to fix without VGA Mode), or your graphics drivers are bad.

Look to sort both out by unistalling current graphic drivers in safe mode, rebooting into normal mode, and installing some new ones.

To unistall old display drivers, go to control panel - system - hardware tab - device manager button. Then expand "Display adapters" by clicking on + symbol, then right-click each graphics driver entry and select uninstall.

Let us know if that helps.

,mkljlkm m l

You need to boot into safe mode, by pressing F8 at startup throughout POST (Power on self test, the bios crontrol bit), selecting Safemode from the list, (could always try "Last Known good configuration" as well),

I have pressed F8 and got on to the screen where it says safe mode.

when i try to select one of the options from this page nothing happens. i am not able to move the highlighed thing to select te option i want? all that happens is the timer runs out and then the screen goes on to saying No Signal?

What can i do to sort this? i am not able to get on to my log in screen because it goes to no signal before then. and i am not able to run in safe mode because i cannot select a option

Please Help!!!

Hi,
Welcome to Daniweb, you have jumped on a thread that is very old (Sep 1st, 2005)
Try this....
Open your computer (I assume a desktop) and ensure that the power is removed from the supply at the wall. earth yourself to the case of the computer, remove all RAM sticks, clean the contacts of one and insert into one slot, try computer again, if still the same try the other stick (or the same) in a different slot. Ensure that the machine is dust free while you are there.
If you are still having problems, start your own thread here and supply a lot more information about your computer, operating sys and your problem.

I have pressed F8 and got on to the screen where it says safe mode.

when i try to select one of the options from this page nothing happens. i am not able to move the highlighed thing to select te option i want? all that happens is the timer runs out and then the screen goes on to saying No Signal?

What can i do to sort this? i am not able to get on to my log in screen because it goes to no signal before then. and i am not able to run in safe mode because i cannot select a option

Please Help!!!

Hi, it looks like I have the same problem:
Right after the win loading and before the password login page the screen turns black and no signal is displayed.

I believe the problem has occured from an abnormal shut-down previously. Please, HELP!!!

"Hi, it looks like I have the same problem" "If you are still having problems, start your own thread here and supply a lot more information about your computer, operating sys and your problem."
What part of "start a new thread" did yo not understand?

my cpu works on another monitor but when i connect cpu to my monitor it shows on seceen that no nignal has come on monitor. what is the problem?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.