I tried to use winchat on a LAN but it shows that the other computer didn't respond while LAN is functional.
Any ideas?? :(

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

It seems like the network DDE service is not running which is required by winchat. Enable it and then try again. To enable it .. right click My Computer -- Manage -- Services and Applications -- Services -- Find network DDE and turn it to automatic. By default it is set to manual.

Hi, I have a similar problem. I have winchat started on both m/c DDE & DSDM are automatic and started, but no'ringing' shows up on called m/c and winchat says PC didn't answer. I have included an exception for winchat.exe in windows firewall

Maybe this file is missing or is infected by a virus, did you scan your computer against viruses?
keyfinder

Intuit windows 7 keyQuickBooks Pro 2010 Full Version forwindows 7 ultimate key PC (28287024175) — quickbooks pro 2010 is quickbooks pro 2011a genius idea.office 2010 key the only software program i need to efficientlywindows 7 activation key run my buisness. i am able in a click track quickbooks 2011 downloadmy accounts payablewindows 7 key and recievable.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.