I am using Xp in my system for last one year and now i am facing a problem. I am able to enter in to the control panel but not able to open the users acounts, sound options, and etc., the problem is reporting that windows/system32/rundll32.exe is not found
pls help me in this to solve the problem

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hi,

I have read that reistalling windows over a previous version can cause problems, so if you have done that...or if you just wanna try somthing...do this.

1. Reboot the computer into Safe Mode (press F8 when the boot menu appears and select the Safe Mode option).
2. After Windows starts, open Windows Explorer.
3. Navigate to the \%systemroot%\inf folder (e.g., C:\windows\inf).
4. Right-click the file sr.inf and select Install from the context menu.
5. Reboot the computer in Normal mode.

If the previous steps don't resolve the problem, try reinstalling the latest service pack.

Good lick

-T

I am using Xp in my system for last one year and now i am facing a problem. I am able to enter in to the control panel but not able to open the users acounts, sound options, and etc., the problem is reporting that windows/system32/rundll32.exe is not found
pls help me in this to solve the problem

Try using Start-Run-sfc /scannow

u need to have ur xp cd to use this command

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.