On my Windows XP computer, I can't run ANY .exe files without it saying "The application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect." Reinstalling does NOTHING. I recently reformatted, and now I'm stuck with NO drivers because I can't run the .exes to install them!!!! PLEASE HELP

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Virus... Time to clean your system, or reinstall it...

reinstall by booting from the windows install cd.
Select custom install -> when it ask where to install, select advanced and remove previous system partition.
create a new partition and do a full format - then I guarantee it will act different.

:)

You'll need full format if problem persist... It could be virus or anything... If you have two or more partition on your HDD, you have to backup every important document out (not all files) on external drive (eg. pendrive, external HDD) because some virus/malware may reside in any partition and trigger those problem...

Do as jakob say in previous post but in addition, format all partition listed available

Maybe you need to provide us more information on how you reformat your hard disk.

Reformat is only for last option. Until all the solutions we have suggested did not work, then we will ask the original poster to reformat their computer or laptop. Do not anyhow tell people to reformat their laptop!!

Reformat is only for last option. Until all the solutions we have suggested did not work, then we will ask the original poster to reformat their computer or laptop. Do not anyhow tell people to reformat their laptop!!

He did say he had reformat before and problem still persist so it's wise to do another reformat and check whether problem still occur...

He have not post back and tell us whether our solutions work if it did not, then a reformat would be the best choice. We have to wait for his reply first before telling him what to do next.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.