I am trying to install the audio driver on an HP Pavilion a820n and keep getting the error message "Can't find match Realtek HdAudio inf file". The file I downloaded is Realtek High Definition Audio Driver Update sp26552.exe from the hp website. I had problems with this computer before and followed the directions in a thread I started with a similar problem and you all helped me, but this time it's not working. After I get the error messages it says installation is complete but when I restart the computer there is still no sound. It doesn't even want to uninstall and gives me an error message but then when you go back to Add/Remove programs it is gone. Your help is greatly appreciated!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

After you successfully install the driver, go to device manager and see whether it is there or not? Red x means the driver is disable, you can enable it again. Yellow exclamation mark mean there is a problem with the driver, you have to reinstall it again. Tell me can you find your driver under device manager? See this link

http://www.technologyquestions.com/technology/windows-xp/192454-error-cant-find-match-hdaudio-inf-file-when-installing-sound-carddriver.html

I finally discovered what the problem was. The driver that I was downloading on the HP website was the update and not the original full driver. That link was farther down on the page. Finally got sound!

Lol. So next time your friends have this problem, you are able to help them out. Hope we meet again wmc1956 and glad your problem is solved.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.