I downloaded the trial version of Nero 7. When it expired I tried to uninstall it but got the "Shell manager database is corrupt or missing" error that is dealt with on another thread on this forum. As per instructions given on that thread I deleted all Nero references from my registry which got rid of this error but now it is impossible to uninstall it: Nero has disappeared from Windows' "Add/Remove Programs" and if I try to go through Nero 7 itself, which has an uninstall function, it says my password has expired and prompts me for a new one.

I need to uninstall this because i now have a CD of another version of Nero which I cannot install until this previous version is uninstalled! Please help!

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

I downloaded the trial version of Nero 7. When it expired I tried to uninstall it but got the "Shell manager database is corrupt or missing" error that is dealt with on another thread on this forum. As per instructions given on that thread I deleted all Nero references from my registry which got rid of this error but now it is impossible to uninstall it: Nero has disappeared from Windows' "Add/Remove Programs" and if I try to go through Nero 7 itself, which has an uninstall function, it says my password has expired and prompts me for a new one.

I need to uninstall this because i now have a CD of another version of Nero which I cannot install until this previous version is uninstalled! Please help!

go to following site, download and excute it :
it will completely be gone!http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Uninstallers/Nero-Clean-Tool-Bundle.shtml
success!
bye
El Marco
(from antwerp in belgium)

I downloaded the trial version of Nero 7 demo. When it expired I tried to uninstall it but it will not go fro my add/remove progams, I have tried nero general tool kit and absolute uninstaller to remove it but to no avail.

I need to uninstall this because i do not need it anymore please help

I am trying to install Nero 8 but it's install program keeps complaining that Nero 7 is still installed. I have tried using Nero's CleanTool Program and it did run sucsesfully once, however despite a reboot Nero 8 is still complaining that Nero 7 is on my PC and CleanTool is not finding anything to remove.

Is there a way that I can remove whatever is stopping Nero 8 installing manually

P.S. I am running windows vista 64

I am trying to install Nero 8 but it's install program keeps complaining that Nero 7 is still installed. I have tried using Nero's CleanTool Program and it did run sucsesfully once, however despite a reboot Nero 8 is still complaining that Nero 7 is on my PC and CleanTool is not finding anything to remove.

Is there a way that I can remove whatever is stopping Nero 8 installing manually
p.s.i am runing xp 2000

A couple of things to try1. C >Program Files,delete a folder named AHEAD,2,Install nero 7 again then use the Nero Product setup program from tools to do a complete unsinstall.

how to install nero 7 in windows xp

Nero buries itself pretty deeply into your OS. To do the job properly it is best you get the removal tool from their website. Gurgle " Nero uninstall cleantool"

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.