My hard drive crashed and I had to install a new hard drive. I installed every disk that came with my computer but I don't have any sound and I get error messages from itunes saying "ituns detected a problem with audio configuration. Audio/Video playback may not operate properly. Not sure what to do. I have tried some things that others posted in a different thread ie start-run-services.msc and the clicked properties for Windows Audio and everything there was fine. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it. I have an Ispiron 530 with Windows XP

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Is the audio device listed in Device Manager? If so, right-click on the device and click on Properties.
What does the Device Properties Dialog state is the Device Status (on the General tab)?

Either your audio card or audio jack was disconnected OR you installed the wrong driver for your Ac'97 or HDAudio

Turns out the audio devices weren't downloaded properly. I didn't have realtek listed as a driver and got some help from DELL support staff. Thanks for replying! It also fixed my blurry fonts.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.